Trade Promotion Organization in Asia (Member Organizations)
Sri Lanka Export Development Board (SLEDB)
The EDB has clearly identified its scope and the role in developing exports of Sri Lanka. The EDB plays five roles as Policy Advisor, Monitor, Promoter, Facilitator and Knowledge Provider. The EDB implement an array of development programmes aiming at creating a conducive business environment; developing and adopting products and services to meet the international market requirements; providing specialized services to exporters for identifying, penetrating, developing and diversifying into markets; facilitating to enhance supply chain efficiency and also promoting export oriented SMEs specially in the provinces.
Information of Organization
|Name||Sri Lanka Export Development Board (SLEDB)|
|Date of Foundation||1st August 1979|
|HQ Address||NDB/EDB Tower, No. 42, Nawam Mawatha, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka|
|Upper Organization||Ministry of Development Strategies & International trade|
|Office||Domestic : 7 Provincial Offices
Abroad : -
Services for Foreign Companies
1. Business Matching
SLEDB offers following services for business matching/arrangement:
- Support for participation in:
- - Business matching events
- - Exhibitions
- - Seminars, symposia and workshops
- Support for making appointments with companies in Sri Lanka
- Accompanying on company visits
The SLEDB could facilitate to link Sri Lankan exporters and suppliers with foreign buyers.
2. Information Provision
(1) SLEDB provides following information about Sri Lanka:
- Markets and industries
- Business environment (intellectual property protection, regulations and restrictions, license system, etc.)
- External institutions:
- - Industrial or business-related organizations
SLEDB could provide information through chambers.
(2) SLEDB provides business information through:
The SLEDB provides details mainly through emails and websites.
3. Inward investment
SLEDB specifically offers following services to foreign companies which are considering investment or have already started operation in Sri Lanka:
- Providing information on investment environment
- Providing support on public relations
- Matching with potential business partners
The SLEDB could coordinate investment related services via Board of Investment Sri Lanka.
|Language||Sinhala(Official and national language) 74%, Tamil (National Language) 18%, Other 8%, note: English is commonly used by the government and is spoken competently by about 10% of the population|
|Religion||Buddhism 69%, Hinduism 15%, Islam 8%, Christianity 8%|