Trade Promotion Organization in Asia (Member Organizations)
Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)
MATRADE was established in March 1993 as an external trade promotion arm of Malaysia's Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). MATRADE assist Malaysian companies to establish their presence overseas and raise their profiles in foreign markets through different promotional drives including participation in trade missions, specialized marketing missions and international trade fairs. MATRADE also organizes business matching programmes for Malaysian companies and foreign importers. Being the national agency for trade promotion, MATRADE is often the first reference point for enquiries and visits by foreign importers. The agency's role is to match them with compatible local partners who can offer the products and services they seek.
- To promote, assist and develop Malaysia's external trade with particular emphasis on the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products and on a selective basis, imports
- To formulate and implement a national export marketing strategy to promote the export of manufactured and semi-manufactured products
- To undertake commercial intelligence and market research and create a comprehensive database of information for the improvement and development of trade
- To organise training programmes to improve the international marketing skills of the Malaysian exporters
- To enhance and protect Malaysia's international trade interests abroad
- To represent Malaysia in any international forum in respect of any matter relating to trade
- To advise government on matters affecting or in any way connected with trade and to act as the agent of the Government or for any person, body or organisation on such matters
Information of Organization
|Name||Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE)|
|Date of Foundation||1993|
|HQ Address||Menara MATRADE, Jalan Khidmat Usaha Off Jalan Duta, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA|
|Upper Organization||Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI)|
|Office||Domestic : 5 Regional Offices
Abroad : 36 offices in 29 countries and 10 marketing offices in 10 countries MATRADE Worldwide Offices
|Language||Bahasa Malaysia, English|
|Religion||Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity|
MATRADE organizes and manages Malaysia's participation in international trade fairs overseas. The database provides assistance in handling space reservations, stand design and contruction, pre-event publicity and the scheduling of business meeting with foreign buyers. Users can search by product, service and year.
|Malaysia Products Directory
The Product Directory lists Malaysian exporters registered with MATRADE comprising of manufacturers, contract manufacturers and traders.
|Malaysia Services Directory
The Malaysia Services Directory showcases Malaysian companies which are registered with MATRADE, that have been exporting their services including construction, architecture, engineering, healthcare, education, oil and gas, franchising, ICT , logistics and transportation as well as business services.
MATRADE's collection of resources provides Malaysian companies with up to date information to improved export opportunities. We offer the following facilities and services:
1. Business Information Centre
2. MATRADE's Portal
7. Market Information
8. Trade Leads
9. International Tender Notices